Every organisation wants competent and independent employees. However, the very process of training and improving the competence of staff is often challenging. Quite a few options are available: from training by in-house trainers, to classroom training by third-party training providers, to webinars or e-learning. This article will show how the latter will save you time, reduce costs and simplify the logistics of your organisation’s training processes.
- Training processes – problems and challenges
- One tool for employee development
- Training tailored to the needs of specific departments
- Using the platform, and time saving and optimisation
- Benefits from launching an e-learning platform
“… over the past year, Promedica24 employees completed more than 1 258 different types of activities (such as courses and development paths).
Certainly, it would have been difficult to accomplish so many training activities during the time of covid pandemic and increased remote work. Thus, the e-learning platform helps not only reduce the cost of on-site training, but also makes it more efficient and accessible.”
Case study Promedica24
Training processes – problems and challenges
Think how familiar these issues are to you.
- Experienced employees spend a lot of time to train others – when for example being involved in onboarding new team members. (Check our other piece for more on optimising implementation time and costs.)
- In-house trainers provide periodic training on issues important enough for the organisation to be refreshed every year (such as GDPR or Cyber Security). It is therefore a highly repetitive process which requires a great deal of time from the trainers.
- You often invest in classroom training or webinars because you want your employees to have the opportunity to grow.
- Your organisation operates in multiple locations, hence onsite training requires complex logistics. (Check here to learn more about knowledge unification in an organisation, including the aspect of distributed teams)
- You are not comfortable with the fact that in the case of a classroom training or webinar, a significant part of your employees is off duty at the same time.
- You are aware that with classroom training employees have no opportunity to retake the training later or refresh their knowledge.
- You see a problem when, due to vacation or absence, an employee doesn’t have the same knowledge as others because they couldn’t attend the training.
If, while reading the above examples, you thought about training processes in your company – go to the rest of this piece. It will help you understand how launching an e-learning platform will help your organisation respond to these and other challenges.
“(…) And at some point all employees had to be trained at the same time, which caused multiple organisational issues such as:
Scheduling the training so that each of the nearly 400 people can participate Involving long-term absentees or new hires Scheduling recurring training where all training dates are maintained. Monitoring training sessions and evaluating their effectiveness.
It was obvious that it would be difficult for a single trainer to manage such a project smoothly. Faced with this challenge, the company chose to launch the Dolineo e-learning platform, which met all the needs and answered each of these questions.”
Case study Aplitt
One tool for employee development
Training needs are different depending on department or position. Some training needs, on the other hand, are common to the entire organisation. With the Dolineo platform you will no longer have to spend time collecting quotes for training from different training providers and thus incur high costs with multiple 3rd parties. Using the built-in catalogue of the Dolineo system, you have access to more than 200 training courses on:
- personal development,
- customer service,
- work planning.
Furthermore, ready-made training base in Dolineo is constantly being developed and legally updated, in particular on topics such as: GDPR, Cyber Security, or health and safety and anti-bullying revision courses.
“We looked for an e-learning platform with a ready-made training database. The catalogue in Dolineo of more than 170 training courses fits our needs perfectly. The available training courses are user-friendly and prepared with a modern approach to e-learning and in accordance with the principles of adult learning.
Employees have access to a full catalogue, so they can strengthen their competencies at full scope and choose their own development paths. The fact that the training base is constantly being developed by the Dolineo team is also an asset.”
Case study Onninen
E-learning tailored to the needs of specific departments
You can freely design multiple training paths on the platform, which will include courses of your choice from our catalogue, and have them implemented by individual departments. You will do it without hassle using simple and intuitive wizards. You will also have ready-made paths to use, arranged by our methodologists – such as GDPR, Team Management, Customer Relationship Building or MS Excel.
“One of the deciding factors was the availability of a wide range of offered training courses in the so-called Dolineo library – more than 170 ready-made training modules, courses and knowledge pills, in multiple domains. The ability to use ready-made development paths, add own training courses and materials or or create content on your own using available wizards was also a huge advantage.”
Case study Aplitt
Using the platform, and time saving and optimisation
A. Internal trainers
Those who so far have been routinely conducting in-house training, spending a lot of time on it, by using the e-learning platform can prepare a training path once. This way they will pass on all knowledge of, for example, product or procedural knowledge to other employees.
It is possible to upload different types of files on Dolineo – such as PDF, video or jpg. You will able be able to use built-into, intuitive wizards, to create courses, tests and surveys. Build a culture of knowledge sharing among your employees!
“When creating training materials, we use the training wizard available on the Dolineo platform. It helps us create easily modern e-learning courses. We also use the available survey and test wizards, which are another valuable functionality of the Dolineo platform. The effects are summarised in reports, generated automatically in the system.”
Case study Pekao Direct
B. Optimization of participants’ time
Using the e-learning platform and online training, an employee can take the course at a convenient time without having to drop their duties at the same time. They can also review the materials again and again to refresh your knowledge etc.
“The e-learning platform’s operating model helps them start a course quickly, stop it and continue it depending on their current needs and time capabilities.”
Case study Maxon Nieruchomości
Benefits from launching an e-learning platform
Not sure if your organisation needs an e-learning platform? Not convinced that you will optimise your training processes with it? Check out this brief summary – on the benefits of launching an e-learning platform.
Saving and optimising employee time, including:
- in-house trainers who routinely train on various topics – with the platform, they will be able to prepare training tracks at once.
- people responsible for collecting commercial offers for different training courses by 3rd party providers and subsequent coordination of projects – Dolineo features a catalogue of more than 200 ready-made training courses and paths – all within one tool.
- participants, who themselves decide when they have time to take their assigned training – they can pre-schedule that time without having to drop their duties when taking the course. Tracks can be interrupted at any time and resumed later. Knowledge is available 24/7.
“Digitisation of the implementation and training processes has made it possible to minimise the paperwork, which was also previously caused by a large number of printed documents. Reducing the so-called “paperwork” is a great convenience for the company. Moving some of the training activities to Dolineo e-learning platform, also means huge time savings.
The Dolineo platform is a tool that we use in our daily work and realistically supports processes of development of Pekao Direct employees’ competencies.”
Case study Pekao Direct
- the Dolineo platform is a one-time investment on an annual basis – you will gain access to a tool that offers a built-in catalogue of more than 170 ready-made training courses. Developing individual teams and thus buying many individual training courses from different vendors will certainly incur a higher cost.
- Dolineo is a tool that will streamline many HR processes in your organisation – not only the logistics of training processes, but also: onboarding, knowledge management or employee development etc. All this is available in a single tool.
„Importantly, over the past year InPost employees, via the Dolineo platform, have completed a total of more than 1 400 training hours. Such a number of hours of training delivered in conventional way – as classroom training – would be very difficult to achieve. And this is the very advantage of the e-learning platform – it helps reduce the cost of on-site training significantly.”
Case study Inpost
Selected other benefits:
- company materials gathered in one place;
- standardisation of knowledge among all employees – regardless of department or location;
- simplified logistics – all materials and content available online, from anywhere, 24/7.
“With the capabilities of the Dolineo platform, the management of the training process is much more efficient. In-house training is made available through the system, many training courses are mandatory for all Onninen Group employees. A built-in test creator helps verify employees’ knowledge after training, and clear reporting facilitates implementation monitoring.”
Case study Onninen
Would you like to find out more? Feel free to talk to our experts or test a demo version of the platform. Fill out the form with your company email address.